Friday, April 1, 2011

Adelaide Cont.

    So I realized a few really bad grammatical errors in the last post after trying to find where I had left off and I figured I'd apologize to anyone who had to read it and wonder if my college education was getting used!
     Where was I....ah yes!  So we started back on the road and were headed to Adelaide and it was my turn to drive and the whole left side of the road thing takes awhile to get use to, especially in a big camper van!  So in the first few minutes I go around the traffic circle and I almost took the curb out and gave Josef a heart attack, which was totally worth the little mistake!  So we get out of victor harbor and here comes the hills and wind and I WAS NOT ready for it.  The whole time I'm freakin' out trying to stay on the road because after driving for so long on one side of the road, you get use to certain things...for example,  you tend to lean to the left when you drive on the right side because you don't want to go off the road of course and I guess your eyes have been fixed on that side and this was the biggest problem I had.  I know that doesn't make sense but when you experience you'll be like" Ohhh yeaaa".  Another problem is that, like in our cars,  the turn signal is opposite the window, and the same rule applies here so any time I needed to turn...yes you got it, I turned the wind-shield wipers on haha!  So after mentally draining myself, we stopped at a rest area to get some info on the local wineries.  After hangin' out for a second I let Josef drive haha even though I got the hang of things, my poor brain had stressed enough, plus Josef and Harry are kick butt drivers so it was better he take the wheel on all the hills and tight roads! 
     So we get to the first winery and it was prettty big and we caught while they were harvesting a lot of grapes, which was pretty cool cause its this huge machine on wheels nthat seperates the grapes from the vine without even reuining the vine....nuts i tell you.  but we get in and we're walkin around and I noticed that to have like a full meal, like wine and all, was around 100 bucks per person so we were like "time to go", plus just one glass of wine was like 20 bucks...rediculous!  So we got out of there and the sun was shining bright so we tried to find a lake to eat at but it ended up being waste water or something so we just stopped at a rest stop and relaxed a little bit.  so after a short breakwe continued and soon arrived to adelaide! 
     Like I mentioned before, the sun was out and there was no chance of rain so Harry and Josef found a camper spot next to a beach where we would spend the remainder of the day and night.  We arrived around 2 and cranked open some beers and hooked up some music and were livin' it up!  After a few more beers, yes we drank a lot i'll go ahead and say it, we set lout to the beach and jumped in the suprisingly calm and clear water.  We weren't so intoxicated it was dangerous, but I cried laughing so hard when Penn decided to open his eyes under water hahahaha still makes me laugh!!  And then, everyone knows how I love to mess with people (you all are nodding your heads yeaaa right now), I cried some more after scaring the crap out of Penn by faking that there were big fish all around him....and yes I did this like 4 times, in different ways of course, Like a "holy crap don't move" and a "something just rubbed my leg" and my personal favorite " Yea, the further you go, the bigger the sharks get" hahaha and YES it worked every time hahaha  But we got out because it was pretty cold and everyone on the beach was starring at us 1 because we were the only ones in the water and 2 because we were all laughing really hard and all sounded like aliens because of our accents. 
   So by this time it was about 5 or 6 and after another beer or two we started the steaks we bought before we left.  It had been awhile since Harry and Josef had one and Penn just eats anything (no really) haha so we were all pretty excited.  WE fired up the hot plate that was supposed to be a grill, which sucks, but according to the guys the steaks turned out alright (I guess I have to give credit to Dad right about now), just I needed to work on my medium rares!  After this things get a little out of control, but controlled none-the-less!  The beers start racking up, and by the way theyre 500 mL (or half a liter) cans, so a good size haha, and we decided we would jump the fence to go out to the beach oohhh breaking the rules!  We brought a freind out with us to join the festivities and his name was Johnny Walker, but he didn't quite make it through the night cause we were all having too good a time haha!  Johnny Walker is a brand of Whiskey for any of you non-alcoholics haha)  So after some pretty good fun with Penn falling down a dune face first and me making the mistake thinking there was something other than roads on the other side of the cliff of sand, it was time to jump back over the fence and find a bed...fast!  But that wouldn't come easily with the neighbors freaking out that they couldn't sleep and for the record she sounded prettty wasted herself so it made for an akward morning when we saw each other haha  There some other good stories within this night I will just save it for the personal level and not waste too much space and your time!
    Sooo I guess I'll continue with the next day soon!  Thanks for reading and sorry if i miss any errors or it is confusing to follow haha
      

No comments:

Post a Comment