Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yeup, the first one!

WOW!  This took wayyy too long to start!  I've tried to start it a couple times, but so much has happened I get lost and just give up, but ill just start from the beginning i guess...
   I left at 10:30 on Friday and arrived Sunday at 11.  The 4 plane rides weren't too bad (except for the one to California in the Twilight Zone) and the flight from Sydney to Melbourne was worth the wait, I swear it is nothing you can see anywhere else.  I arrived and was super hot because the clothes I had to take out of the suitcase either went in my book bag or on me and plus I could barely carry everything I brought.  After I found who was supposed to be taking me to my temporary new home, I made the mistake of calling him sir...now one might think this was a kind gesture, but not to an Australian!  After getting a new butt-hole I found out that they thought I was arriving on the Germany flight a few hours earlier...so yes, there wasn't any space for me in the van!  I solemnly looked for something to do, maybe get a drink cause I was about to die of thirst, but I noticed that a 16 oz coke was 4 FING dollars!  I decided to thirst to death before I spent that much on a coke so I sought out a plug for my computer.  I finally found one in the corner of a magazine shop that wasn't occupied, so it was me and the floor for the next hour and a half. 
    Finally, my ride arrives and he tosses my stuff in the trailor attached to the van.  He looks at me and says its a little bumpy so secure it good (there wasnt anything to secure it with so I tried to tightly pack it).  The first freakin' 5 seconds of the ride, I thought I was going to have a heart attack cause I turn around and the trailor is flying through the air and everywhere...luckily I decided to put my book bag in the seat with me!   Other than that, it was nice to be in a car and on the ground.
     I get to the Village and I just know that there gonna be closed because the way things have gone the past 2 days and I would be stuck on the street, but finally I get a break and someone is there to take me to a room.  I drop my stuff off and try to get some internet and try to contact someone...but as soon as I thought things were looking up, I don't get any internet.  So I walk out, trying to figure out what the F is going on and someone asks me if I wanted to go to the store...so I did cause I was going to starve to death.  I get box wine, bread and juice with the little money I exchanged because it was so freakin' expensive to exchange at the airport.   So we get back and its about 5 by now and everyone starts to drink...not good if it feels like 1 in the morning!  So of course I get  to drinkin' a few cups of this wine they call "goon", (cause its 10 dollars for 4 liters and its 10 percent alcohol...it tastes like goon) and then I realize that I haven't eaten anything but a couple pieces of bread, so before I know it...yea you know where I'm going with this!  Needless to say, volleyball was really hard to play while stumbling everywhere, but man I had a good first night kickin' butt in volleyball at the Village!  By late night, i've been up for a couple of days and I decide to rearrange my room and get some sheets on the bed before I pass out on the gross floor!
    After waking up like 4 times, I realize I have to be at an orientation soon!   So i try to look up how to get to campus and I only get confusion...lost...and finally to campus after having to ask everyone on the bus for change cause I didn't have enough money.... HA! what a good way to make friends!          
          Because this is getting quite long, I will continue the recollection of my adventure another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment